Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter by Time

Excel 2007 - I am trying to filter by time to show how many records are
between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Here is the format of the record:

6:20:26 AM (hh:mm:ss) I have about 27,000 records and just want to show
how many are between 6am and 6pm. How can I do this? I have tried different
filters but they don't seem to be working for what I need. I keep getting
blanks.
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Filter by Time

To filter by time in Excel 2007, you can use the following steps:
  1. Select the column that contains the time data you want to filter.
  2. Click on the Data tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Filter button in the Sort & Filter section.
  4. Click on the drop-down arrow in the column header for the time column.
  5. Select Filter by Color and then select Filter by Cell Color.
  6. Choose a color to highlight the cells that contain times between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
  7. Click OK to apply the filter.
Alternatively, you can use the Custom Filter option to filter by time:
  1. Select the column that contains the time data you want to filter.
  2. Click on the Data tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the Filter button in the Sort & Filter section.
  4. Click on the drop-down arrow in the column header for the time column.
  5. Select Custom Filter from the drop-down menu.
  6. In the Custom AutoFilter dialog box, select is greater than or equal to from the first drop-down menu.
  7. Enter
    Formula:
    "6:00 AM"
    in the text box next to the first drop-down menu.
  8. Select is less than or equal to from the second drop-down menu.
  9. Enter
    Formula:
    "6:00 PM"
    in the text box next to the second drop-down menu.
  10. Click OK to apply the filter.

These steps should help you filter your data to show how many records are between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM. If you are still having trouble, please let me know and I can provide further assistance.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard

Last edited by kevin : April 7th 23 at 12:51 PM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

did you try applying an autofilter to the range and using the dropdowns to
filter the records on the time column?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"duketter" wrote in message
Excel 2007 - I am trying to filter by time to show how many records are
between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Here is the format of the record:

6:20:26 AM (hh:mm:ss) I have about 27,000 records and just want to show
how many are between 6am and 6pm. How can I do this? I have tried
different
filters but they don't seem to be working for what I need. I keep getting
blanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Autofilter
Custom/ is greater than or equal to/ 6:00 AM
And/ is less than or equal to/ 6:00 PM

Omit the "or equal to" as required
--
David Biddulph