Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Text Box on a graph

I have read several questions and answers on this subject but I cannot get
them to work. I have Excel 2003. What I want to do is to place a text box on
the graph where it equals a cell outside the graph and changes accordingly.
The posts I have read say to select the graph first. However, when I select
the graph the text box option is grayed out and not available. I can get the
text box to display the data I want, just not on the graph itself. Any help
would be appreciated.
--
M. Shipp
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Select the chart, click in the formula bar, press =, then click on the cell
with your mouse and press Enter. This adds a linked textbox to the middle of
the chart. Move it and format it to suit.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"SHIPP" wrote in message
I have read several questions and answers on this subject but I cannot get
them to work. I have Excel 2003. What I want to do is to place a text box
on
the graph where it equals a cell outside the graph and changes
accordingly.
The posts I have read say to select the graph first. However, when I
select
the graph the text box option is grayed out and not available. I can get
the
text box to display the data I want, just not on the graph itself. Any
help
would be appreciated.
--
M. Shipp

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On May 4, 6:00*am, SHIPP wrote:
I have read several questions and answers on this subject but I cannot get
them to work. I have Excel 2003. What I want to do is to place a text box on
the graph where it equals a cell outside the graph and changes accordingly..
The posts I have read say to select the graph first. However, when I select
the graph the text box option is grayed out and not available. I can get the
text box to display the data I want, just not on the graph itself. Any help
would be appreciated.
--
M. Shipp

Draw a graph and press the right button of your mouse and select the
item called "chart option" a small window will pop up go the tab
called "data table" and check out the option called show data table.

The movement you change the data in the work sheet automaticlly the
graph and text box data will get changed.

Heera