Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default highlight from top to bottom of spreadsheet without scrolling?

I am trying to highlight or go to the last line that I have entered
information on an excel spreadsheet. would like to know if there is a
shortcut to do this with out using the scroll bar to get to the bottom?
Example- I want to highlight row 6 through the last row that I have info
entered (316)
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: highlight from top to bottom of spreadsheet without scrolling?

Shortcut to Highlight a Range in Excel

Yes, there is a shortcut to highlight from the top to the bottom of a spreadsheet without scrolling. Here are the steps:
  1. Click on the cell in the first column and row of the range you want to select. In your case, click on cell A6.
  2. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
  3. While holding down the Shift key, click on the cell in the last column and row of the range you want to select. In your case, click on cell A316.
  4. The range from A6 to A316 should now be highlighted.

Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut
Code:
Ctrl + Shift + End
to select from the active cell to the last cell of the worksheet. This will highlight all the cells from the active cell to the last cell of the worksheet, including any blank cells in between.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming contiguous data...
click in the column that you are trying to find end of data, in row 6, then
press CTRL+down arrorw to go to the last row of data, or SHIFT+CTRL+down
arrow to select from row 6 to last row of data.
--
John C

"CMMag" wrote:

I am trying to highlight or go to the last line that I have entered
information on an excel spreadsheet. would like to know if there is a
shortcut to do this with out using the scroll bar to get to the bottom?
Example- I want to highlight row 6 through the last row that I have info
entered (316)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

CTRL-End will take you directly to the cell that Excel thinks is the
last used cell, so to do what you want:

highlight row 6 by clicking on the row identifier;
hold down the SHIFT key;
press CTRL-End;
release the SHIFT key.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 14, 5:00*pm, CMMag wrote:
I am trying to highlight or go to the last line that I have entered
information on an excel spreadsheet. would like to know if there is a
shortcut to do this with out using the scroll bar to get to the bottom?
Example- I want to highlight row 6 through the last row that I have info
entered (316)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the top cell. Hold SHIFT and press CTRL+the downward arrow

Or, to select a whole block, including neighbouring populated columns (if
any):
CTRL+SHIFT+*
--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"CMMag" wrote in message
I am trying to highlight or go to the last line that I have entered
information on an excel spreadsheet. would like to know if there is a
shortcut to do this with out using the scroll bar to get to the bottom?
Example- I want to highlight row 6 through the last row that I have info
entered (316)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RAZ RAZ is offline

to higlight top to bottom, press Ctrl G the type B:B (or the column u want to
highlight)

to go down quick press Ctrl and Down-Arrow (may need to hit more than once,
if you have marged cells)