Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Inserting picture into excel based on # in the another cell

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out how I can insert a picture (jpg) based on a number
in another box.

I have a database of over 16,000 pictures of items that are placed into
surgical kits sent to hospitals around the world for surgery the next day
from our distribution center. We are taking a picture of every item in our
inventory. Ex. titanium screws for spinal surgery. Once the pictures are
taken we rename the file to the reflect the part # of the item in the picture.
Thus, the file name will be unique to that part # (i.e.unv1001.jpg).

So if I enter the part # unv1001 in box A1 - it will look for that string
(unv1001) in c:\pics\ and insert that jpg (unv1001.jpg) into B2.

The point of doing this is that we will place this photo with the Part # and
location next to each location where the item is stored. This will
dractically reduce the # of items picked wrong in the facility. When we type
in all the part # into column 'A' then the picture of that item will be
displayed in column 'B'. This will prevent surical kits from having the
wrong items picked.

Any help is most appreciated as always,

Thank you

Bo Staggs

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sub InsertPictureFromCellVariable()
ms = "C:\yourfolder\" & Range("a1") & ".jpg"
ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert (ms)

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"jstaggs" <u30225@uwe wrote in message news:6ac21ce54de27@uwe...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Programmatically............see JE McGimpsey's site for a method of showing

hidden pictures based upon a value in a cell.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

BTW........a picure cannot be "inserted" into a cell, just on top of that cell.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP