Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Formula to calulate number of days passed from date to date

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's as simple as you think.
cell C2 should be
B2-A2
Format as number.

"K. Mack" wrote:

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

With start in A1 and end in B1
=B1-A1

Add +1 is if you want to include the whole of the first day and the
whole of the last day

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"K. Mack" wrote in message
Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the
amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm
missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just subtract them and format the cell as General.

=b2-a2

(or if you want to include one of the end dates)

=b2-a2+1
(or +2 for both days???)

K. Mack wrote:

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

As dates are whole numbers just subtract one from the other and format the
cell as general as it will automatically format it as a date

Remember: you can't have negative dates in Excel (without some changes)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"K. Mack" wrote in message
Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the
amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any help
would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm missing
but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave
(or +2 for both days???)

No, just 1 to add.
05 Jan 07 - 01 Jan 07 = 4

Actual days 01,02,03,04,05 = 5
--
Regards

Roger Govier

K. Mack wrote:

Hi guys & gals,

I am working on a spreadsheet that has a column with a start date and
another column with an end date and the third column should total the
amount
of days between the two. I can't find a formula to do this. Any
help would
be greatly appreciated. I'm sure it's someting simple that I'm
missing but I
am almost ready to pull my hair out. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops.