Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formatting with dates

Hi,

Did some searching online, but all the threads I stumbled upon are all using
reference to the current day "=today()"

Is it possible to only allow user to enter a date that falls within a range?
Eg. between 1/1/2010 and 2/1/2010. If the entry is not within the range, the
cell will be highlighted.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use Data Validation to restrict an entry to the range you
define - no need for conditional formatting, as invalid entries are
not allowed.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 23, 8:22*am, GeneWan wrote:
Hi,

Did some searching online, but all the threads I stumbled upon are all using
reference to the current day "=today()"

Is it possible to only allow user to enter a date that falls within a range?
Eg. between 1/1/2010 and 2/1/2010. If the entry is not within the range, the
cell will be highlighted.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 00:22:01 -0800, GeneWan
wrote:

Hi,

Did some searching online, but all the threads I stumbled upon are all using
reference to the current day "=today()"

Is it possible to only allow user to enter a date that falls within a range?
Eg. between 1/1/2010 and 2/1/2010. If the entry is not within the range, the
cell will be highlighted.

Thanks!

I make a table with either the dates in the table, or a derivative like
TODAY()-35
TODAY()-36
TODAY()-37
TODAY()-38
TODAY()-39
TODAY()-40
TODAY()-41
TODAY()-42
TODAY()-43

That is ascending order. I then give the table a named range ID, and
refer to the range name in the validator dialogs.

So, you can make the range go from minus 40 days to today and plus ten,
if you want to provide the most recently past month.

You can use explicit values if you like as well. If you make it
validation instead of conditional formatting, it will not allow ANY entry
other than those you provide in the list.