Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
byron miranda

Default can i change a number formatted as positive to negative in Excel

I'd like to change from positive to negative numbers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TheRook

In an un-used cell enter -1
copy that cell
select the cells you wish to invert
pull-down:

Edit PasteSpecial... check the multiply box

I'd like to change from positive to negative numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Miguel Zapico

Depending on what exactly you want there are several things you can do.
If you want to have it on a differen cell you can use a formula in a
separate column, like:
=-A1
If you want to replace on the cell, you can enter "-1" in a separate cell,
copy that cell, select the cell(s) you want to change, and go to Edit -
Paste Especial - Multiply.
You can even make possitive numbers to look as negative, while still being
possitive, applying a custom format like -#;# I wouldn't recommend doing
this.

Hope this helps,
Miguel.