wimpe

Default drop-down list

hi all,
I have a problem using a drop-down list.
The problem is that I want to choose a value in the list, but the cell
must also be updated by a formula.

Let me explain by an example.
Make a drop-down list in cell A1 of the days in a week: mon, tue, wed,
thu, fri, sat, sun. In this way I can choose the day of the week
manually, e.g. pick "mon"

Now I want the cell A1 to automatically change its value in e.g. "wed"
if I enter value 3 in cell B3; formula: =if(B1=3;"wed")

How do I manage to link a formula as well as a drop-down list to the
cell A1?
Or isn't it possible with drop-down lists?

Thanks in advance

Wim

--
wimpe