Joanne from Tiffin, Oh

Default Excel Spreadsheet email attachment unable to open in Outlook Expr.

I can read my email but the attachment of extension xls does not open but
says This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the folder Options control panel. I put the
xls extension in and then typed in Attachments but did not get OPEN results
forthe 4 files. Is there a certain icon that needs to be put there. I used
the same one that the xls has in the attachment box and the same message
appears. I have 2000 xp professional and Internet Explorer * Outlook Express
6 in the system. Thanks for any help soon. Joanne
Dave Peterson

Do you own excel--it's not part of WindowsXP. It's a separate program (or
bundled as part of Office).

If you don't, you may want to look into getting the excel viewer (free) from MS.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/of...347961033.aspx

Maybe a free spreadsheet program would work for you:
http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-65 meg download or a CD

--
If you do own excel, maybe reregistering it would help:

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then