Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
szelinko

Default simple formlas not working

This should be really simple but we have a comptuer with excel that the
formuals will not work correctly. We are simply trying to subract column B
from column A. It is set up in column C as =A1-B1 which gives me the correct
answer but then if I copy it for rows 2 and on I always get the same answer
as row 1. If you look at the formulas it is changing them to =A2-B2, =A3-C3
and so on but the answer is always the same. Also if I go and change the
numbers in A1 or B1 to change the answer is C1 it will not change. Whatever
the first answer is it will stay that number. Any help would be great.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Marcelo

Hi, I think your calculation are in Manual, try to press F9 to calculate it.

You can change calc to automatic going to TOOLS | OPTIONS | CALCULATION |
AUTOMATIC

Hope it helps,
regards from Brazil
Marcelo