Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula help

I have A with cells various cells marked "R" column B has various cells
Marked "L" -
In Column C - I am trying to write a formula that says basically count if
column A is "R" and column B is "L". In other words, I do not want to count
any cells that do not contain both R & L.

Any help will be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this in C1:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="R"),--(B1:B100="L"))

Adjust the ranges to suit your data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 2, 4:29*pm, Janie wrote:
I have A with cells various cells marked "R" *column B has various cells
Marked "L" -
In Column C - I am trying to write a formula that says basically count if
column A is "R" and column B is "L". *In other words, I do not want to count
any cells that do not contain both R & L.

Any help will be appreciated

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

In say, C2: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A10="R")*(B2:B10="L"))
Adapt the ranges to suit
--
Max
Singapore