Mike

Default Text in formula bar is not displaying in cell

Go to Excel Help menu and enter limits, Excel will cut off text displayed in
a cell. I believe the count is 1024 characters. Does not matter they are
merged, plenty of white space, small font, etc. The display limit is 1024
for a cell. Formula display is higher.

From the Help menu
Length of cell contents (text) 32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a
cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.

"Raquel8D" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. I am working in a merged cell with a row height of
375, which is less than the maximum of 409. The text in the cell gets cut
off once I click off of it even though it displays in the formula bar and it
also displays in the cell when I double-click inside the cell. There is
plenty of space within the cell for all of the text, but it just doesn't
display completely. I changed the font to a smaller size, and it still cuts
off at the same spot. Can anyone help, please?? Thank you!!