TBD

Default Scatter Graph - Data Label Problems

Can anyone help? I have a scatter graph charting information from 3 columns,
ID No., Rank and volume. I only use ID. No as I would like to use the number
as a data label in my chart.

The X-Axes of the chart is Dealer No and Rank, but the heading of the axes
is "rank". The Y-Axes is Volume. The Scatter graph plots the ID No's by
rank and volume. I have then asked it to "Show Label" as the Data Label, but
it adds both the rank and ID No figure to each point. I don't want this, I
want to only display the ID No figure.

I have previously been going through every point and deleting the Rank
figure off, but this is time-consuming, and when the figures in the base
table change my graph updates, but keeps the original labels rather than the
new ID No's. So while the points are in the correct position, the data
labels are incorrect as I have manually changed them.

Is there a way round this, as I would like to set the graph up once then
allow it to automatically update itself when I change the base table?

I hope this makes sense, and I'd appreciate any help anyone can give me!!

TBD

Tushar Mehta

Fleshing out Barb's response...

Don't plot the ID No. if the only reason for including it was to get
it into a label. Plot just the Rank (x-axis) and Volume (y-axis).
Now, use Rob's Chartlabeler (or John Walkenbach's ChartTools -- www.j-
walk.com) and use the 'ID No' as the data label series.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,