Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default when a "check box" is checked, a "result" to be shown in another c

Hello,

I would appreciate any help concerning "check boxes".

This concerns a trucking company.

The company has multiple "runs" in different locations/states. Each "run"
pays a different amount.
I would like to use the "check box" for the person to check off the run
he/she did at the end of the day. Then in turn, I need that $ amount to read
out into an "other cell".

For instance, a "run" to the state of Virginia is $37.50, so when that
"Virginia box" is checked (b7) - how can I get the $37.50 dollar amount out
into cell e7?

Thanks in advance! Lisa Ann Kashner
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How do you determine that Virginia is $37.50. I assume this value is held in
another cell.

From your description, I assume you're not using checkboxes in the Excel
sense of the word, but a cell with a character in.

If both my assumptions are true, the character you expect in B7 is X and the
37.50 is in cell A7, type this in E7

=IF(B7="X",A7,"")
or
=IF(B7<"X","",A7)

If it doesn't matter what character is in B7 (ie return nothing if the cell
is blank, otherwise return 37.50) then this should do for you:

=IF(B7="","",A7)
or
=IF(B7<"",A7,"")

Ian

"Lisa Ann Kashner" wrote in message
Hello,

I would appreciate any help concerning "check boxes".

This concerns a trucking company.

The company has multiple "runs" in different locations/states. Each "run"
pays a different amount.
I would like to use the "check box" for the person to check off the run
he/she did at the end of the day. Then in turn, I need that $ amount to
read
out into an "other cell".

For instance, a "run" to the state of Virginia is $37.50, so when that
"Virginia box" is checked (b7) - how can I get the $37.50 dollar amount
out
into cell e7?

Thanks in advance! Lisa Ann Kashner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default when a "check box" is checked, a "result" to be shown in anoth

Ian

Thank you. I got the cell "somewhat" working the way I would like now.
Thanks to your help...! However, I still need one thing that is not working
fully... and that is the "check box" or some sort of "X" marking in a cell
that designates that a driver did a certain run - in short, then F7 would
just copy the cost of the run of B7 only if C7 was checked off. I hope this
makes sense.

Below is a sample of the chart. Notice how Virginia and Pepperidge Farms is
"X" off, and then the total of the run is shown out in another cell F7...

A7 B7 C7
F7
CUSTOMER DRIVER PAY Check box if
you did the run TOTAL
CARLISLE FOODS $60.00
VIRGINIA $37.50 X $37.50
PEPPERIDGE FARM $42.50 X $42.50

$80.00 -- GRAND

TOTAL

I hope this helps in explaining myself - it is kinda hard describing it
through mail...

Thanks for your time, Lisa Ann

--

"Ian" wrote:

How do you determine that Virginia is $37.50. I assume this value is held in
another cell.

From your description, I assume you're not using checkboxes in the Excel