Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula Error

Help!!

I am trying to sum cells in different worksheets to get a total on my
summary page but it will not add the cells.

This is the formula:
=SUM('Jan-Feb 09'!C8, 'Mar-Apr 09'!C8, 'May-June 09'!C8, 'July-Aug 09'!C8,
'Sept-Oct 09'!C8, ' Nov-Dec 09'!C8)

Why won't it calculate the cells?
--
cjudge
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you getting any response?

If no response at all, you might check cell C8 on each tab, and ensure it is
not formatted as text. If you are getting an incorrect value, if you copied
and pasted the formula from your workbook here, look at your sum for Nov-Dec
09, you have a space after the first apostrophe.
--
John C

"cdjudge" wrote:

Help!!

I am trying to sum cells in different worksheets to get a total on my
summary page but it will not add the cells.

This is the formula:
=SUM('Jan-Feb 09'!C8, 'Mar-Apr 09'!C8, 'May-June 09'!C8, 'July-Aug 09'!C8,
'Sept-Oct 09'!C8, ' Nov-Dec 09'!C8)

Why won't it calculate the cells?
--
cjudge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I fixed the formulas in each worksheet. I had added in the cell that has the
sum which is C8 formula was C4:C8 which is should have been C4:C7. My total
was in C8 that's why it would not calculate for me. Thanks for the help
though.
--
cjudge