Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lorene Schertzl

Default Cemetery birth and death date sort

I am transcribing a cemetery and want to be able to sort by birth and death
date. Right now a have all dates entered as yyyy-mm-dd.eventually this will
be posted on line for geologists. It would be much better if it were in the
format of day, month,year (28-Apr 1893). I have downloaded the xDate add in
for Excel dates before 1900 (hope I installed it correctly). Running Excel
2002

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

In order to sort properly, the date must be stored as year/month/day. However,
that should not stop you from displaying it in whatever format you choose. I'm
not familiar with the xDate add-in, though.

If you still can't get the format you want, post again with xDate in the subject
to alert the specialized users that could help you.

Also, hopefully your online posts will help genealogists as well.

Fred