OOVAVOO

Default where can I find an excel file I "saved as" in OLKE9?

I saved over an EXCELL file that someone sent to me in OUTLOOK, after adding
hours of data. Unfortunately I clicked "save as" but did not change the
directory.
It has saved my EXCEL FILE in a folder called OLKE9.
I have searchjed the path, but cant fnd the file (I am displaying hidden
files).

Please help, I need this file in only 8 hours time or my life will be a
misery.
Anne Troy

Easy way: Open ANY file (EXCEPT THAT ONE!!) through Outlook, and hit
File--Save as. That'll take you to the OLK folder. If you don't see it,
likely, it's gone. Never, ever open files attached to emails. That's my
golden rule, and I have never, ever had this problem.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"OOVAVOO" wrote in message
I saved over an EXCELL file that someone sent to me in OUTLOOK, after
adding
hours of data. Unfortunately I clicked "save as" but did not change the
directory.
It has saved my EXCEL FILE in a folder called OLKE9.
I have searchjed the path, but cant fnd the file (I am displaying hidden
files).

Please help, I need this file in only 8 hours time or my life will be a
misery.

HT

c:\documentsandsettings\**user'sname**\local settings\temporary internet
files

Depending on your network you may have to go through DOS to access.