Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problems CONCATENATE expression

I would like to CONCATENATE the phrases "expire on " with date from
Sheet2!D32 and the phrase "your last Manufacturer's preventive maintanence
with revalidation on" with Sheet2!D33 all in Sheet1!A19.

I like to see on Sheet1!A19 the following: Expire on April 19, 2009 and
your last Manufacturer's preventive maintanence with revalidation was on
March 1, 2008.

Problem is I'm currently getting the following on Sheet1!A19 : Expire on
39922 and your last Rees Scientific preventive maintanence with revalidation
on 39508

Sheet2
D32 = 4/19/09
D33 = 3/1/09
Both D32 and D33 are formated as Dates. Example April 19, 2009.

CONCATENATE("expire on ",Sheet2!D32," and your last Rees Scientific
preventive maintanence with revalidation on ",Sheet2!D33)

Please help..
--
tech1NJ
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try it like this:

="expire on "&TEXT(Sheet2!D32,"mmmm d, yyyy")&" and your last Rees
Scientific preventive maintanence with revalidation on
"&TEXT(Sheet2!D33,"mmmm d, yyyy")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP