Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyn Tyn is offline

Default Need Help with Freezing/Splitting 2 Frames in Excel 2003

I have constructed a spread sheet where I would like to split the frames so
that the top header information stays constant, where I can scroll down and
have the spreadsheet infromation roll up so that you can see always the
Column Titles (which I can do easily by "using the Windows, "Freeze Panes"
command):

but I would also like to freeze the left hand Row Titles (which are the
first two columns on the left) so that I can scroll from right to left and
have my information displayed next to the row title as I scroll over...so
that I scroll both up from the bottom and right to left, possibly better
described below:

Somewhat like creating a T where both sides of the T can scroll up, but if I
want to freeze the left side of the T and keep those titles frozen but scroll
the right side of the T both up (where the top Column Titles are frozen) and
from right to left (where the left side of the Column is Frozen but the
right side of the T can scroll left and up)??? Hope this makes sense and
thanks for any advise or tips, I am a neophyte with Excel.

--
Thank You,
Tyn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tyn Tyn is offline

DAVE,

I have tried this and it does not allow me to scroll both sides of the T
(left and right had columns up if I want to).

WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO FREEZE TOP COLUMN TITLES AND POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO
FREEZE THE LEFT SIDE OF THE T AND THEN SCROLL UP AND SIDEWAYS FROM RIGHT TO
LEFT ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE T, BUT ALSO BE ABLE TO SCROLL UP ON THE LEFT
SIDE FROM TIME TO TIME, AS OPPOSED TO ALWAYS HAVING THE LEFT SIDE OF THE T
FROZEN......is this possible?? thanks again for any help at all.
--
Thank You,
Tyn

"Tyn" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tyn

Typing in UPPER case does not make your description any clearer.

Try WindowSplit to see if you can get some combination of what you want.

Select a cell in row 2 and WindowSplit.

Both sides will scroll independently.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP