Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pasting data with hidden columns

I have a spreadsheet with 40 columns - 20 hidden and 20 shown. All 40 columns
have formulas. I want to be able to quickly copy and paste the values from
the 20 shown columns into another worksheet. When I do it now, all columns,
including the hidden ones, paste. How can I get it so only the shown cells
paste?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the range including hidden columns.

F5SpecialVisible cells onlyOK

Now do the copy and paste.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:48:01 -0800, shark1966
wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 40 columns - 20 hidden and 20 shown. All 40 columns
have formulas. I want to be able to quickly copy and paste the values from
the 20 shown columns into another worksheet. When I do it now, all columns,
including the hidden ones, paste. How can I get it so only the shown cells
paste?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This worked! Thanks. When I used Paste Special - Values and Number Formates,
the data lost its formatting (column widths, font, bold text, etc.). Is there
any way to keep that?

wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with 40 columns - 20 hidden and 20 shown. All 40 columns
have formulas. I want to be able to quickly copy and paste the values from
the 20 shown columns into another worksheet. When I do it now, all columns,
including the hidden ones, paste. How can I get it so only the shown cells
paste?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After Special Pasting as you did, re-paste special and "Formats"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP