mark

Default "criteria" in a sumif refering to the value in another cell

I'm trying to do a sumif with the "criteria" refering to an adjacent cell
rather than having the criteria hard keyed into the formula. For example, if
I have a list of purchases by date and I want to sum up those that occured
prior to 12/31/04, and 12/31/04 is the value in another cell. Can i have the
sumif refer to that cell for the "criteria"?
Ken Wright

=SUMIF(rng,"<="&cell_ref,rng_to_sum)

eg

=SUMIF(A1:A100,"<="&C1,B1:B100)