Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Secondary X-axis with reverse Y-axis

HI guys just wandering if anyone can me with this problem. this is my set of
data

x1 y2 x2 y2 x3 y3
2.7 9.4 30.7 100.1 1.275 9.4
5.6 25.5 33.6 90.7 1.325 25.5
8.0 39.4 39.3 74.6 1.375 39.4
10.1 51.1 45.5 60.7 1.425 51.1

Plotting.
Set data 1 ( x1,y1 ) = plot with reverse Y value
Set data 2 ( x2,y2 ) = plot with normal Y value
Set data 3 ( x3,y3) = plot with reverse Y value, need secondary axis

I have been succesfull to plot all the data, except when i have to use the
secondry X-axes ( set data 3 )
i know there has been suggestion about " go to chart option and change it to
secondary x-axis, but the problem is because i have revese the Y value, the X
- axis swap to the top make it unable to have secondary axis
what happen when i " tick" secondary axis, my primary X-axis will
dissapear........please help me excel expert..........
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Not sure how y1 can be reversed and y2 be "normal"
To get the x-axis labels at bottom: format the primary y-axis and on the
Scale tab set the Crosses At value to 120. Also format the x-axis and on the
Patterns tab set the Tick Marks Labels to High.
Now you can add the secondary x-axis. You will need to change the crosses at
of the Secondary y-axis to 60
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"hamond" <hamond @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

:( i dont really understand what you said there.....
but basically i dont have any problem with having a "normal" primary Y-AXES
and "reverse" seconday Y-AXES...its pretty simple...
i still cant figured out how to plot the third data.......all in the same
graph..........

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Please repeat which of Y1, Y2 and Y3 are in reverse and which are on
secondary y-axis
Your first message seemed to indicate Y1 and Y2 were on the primary axis and
only Y1 was reversed; while Y3 was on secondary axis.
Happy to 'play' with file if you email my private address
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

maybe i should make it a bit more clearer

data 1 = primary x, primary ( Y ) , Reverse
data 2 = primary x, secondary ( Y ) , normal
data 3 = Secondary x, primary (y), Reverse

yep, i wouldnt mind to send you the data if you wanna have a play on
it....just give me yout email

cheers

hamond

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

it is with all caps removed - I don't want spam so
I will no type it correctly.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

No can do. The secondary X axis is always associated with the data on the
secondary Y axis.
Visit Jon's site to see if there is a workaround
http://peltiertech.com/index.html
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme