Markster

Default Workbooks...I'll try this again...

Hello.

I am looking for an MVP to repsond to this question - no offense.

Here's the deal...

* I have 4 workbooks
* All workbooks are formatted exactly the same, that is, they all contain
the same number and name of worksheets and the same formulas.
* All of the workbooks are currently seperate files and are not linked to
any other files (I'm not interested in linking or consolidating)
* I want to be able to open all of the workbooks, make a change to a cell
in one of the workbooks, and have that change reflect in all of the remaining
workbooks without making the change to each workbook seperately (OK, I'm
lazy...), just like updating multiple worksheets within one workbook.

So, for example, I create four workbooks, named Book1, Book2, Book3, and
Book4. I open all of the workbooks. In Book1, cell A1, I enter the forumla
=1+1, Enter. I want to know how to make this sinlge formula entry reflect in
Book2, Book3, and Book4 without having to manually either copy and paste or
enter the formula in each workbook seperately (again, I'm lazy, and I want
the expensive Excel product to do this work for me...).

I'm just not convinced that this can't be done, until I hear it form a MVP.
I'mnot really interested in a macro or VBA/VB code fix, just want to know if
there is a facility within the Excel product that can accomplish this task.
If an MVP tells me that it can be done, then I'll reat easy, but not until
then.

Thnak you.

Markster

Chip Pearson

You can't do it without VBA.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Markster" wrote in message
[...]

Frank Kabel

Hi
I told you yesterday it is not possible but anyway....

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Markster" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
[...]

Gord Dibben

Not without some kind of VBA code or cell-linking formulas in each book.

The expensive Excel product also doesn't clean windows or wipe butts.

Some effort on your part will have to be expended.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 12:39:03 -0800, "Markster"
wrote:

[...]

Jason Morin

You shouldn't disregard non-MVPs. There are many non-MVPs
who amaze me with their Excel capabilities (Bob Phillips
is one of them). Just because someone hasn't earned a MVP
it doesn't mean they don't belong in the Hall of Fame.
These American baseball players never won the MVP award
but they made the baseball Hall of Fame:

Dave Winfield
Lou Brock
Carlton Fisk
Eddie Murray
Eddie Matthews

Jason

.

Frank Kabel

Probably :-)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Bob Phillips" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
[...]

Steve H.

I just recently started using this newsgroup so excuse my ignorance but,
what is an excel MVP and how does a person obtain Most Valuable Player in
regards to excel. Does microsft distinguish this?

Thanks

Steve