Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003 Functions

Hi - I cannot call a value from another cell. For example, I have the no.
'22' entered into cell range A1. If I click in another cell and call the
value using a forumla of =(A1), the value '22' doesn't appear in the cell
=(A1) appears. I'm sure there must be a simple option that I have neglected
to select, or it's an installation issue.

Please help!

Carl
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Carl,

Two options:
a.The cell was formatted as text before you entered the formula.
Format as General AND re-enter the formula (F2, ENTER)
b. Formula view was toggled on. Hit CTRL` to toggle off

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Carl Fenty" wrote in message ...
| Hi - I cannot call a value from another cell. For example, I have the no.
| '22' entered into cell range A1. If I click in another cell and call the
| value using a forumla of =(A1), the value '22' doesn't appear in the cell
| =(A1) appears. I'm sure there must be a simple option that I have neglected
| to select, or it's an installation issue.
|
| Please help!
|
| Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

After changing the format to General, you must re-enter the formula.

Hit F2 then ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP