Wayne H

Default Paste Link - Cell Comments get lost

Is there any way programmatically to link cell comments
into a higher level spreadsheet? I have 8 individual
spreadsheets tracking projects. There is a column in each
to record status (red, yellow, green), and then we have
been using the comments feature to record explanations of
the status. But when I paste link into my manager's
spreadsheet all the comments get lost. Is there a way to
accomplish what I want to?

Wayne
Debra Dalgleish

You can't link the cell comments to another sheet. Perhaps you could
enter the comments as text in a cell, then link those cells to the other
sheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Wayne Hixson

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. In this
situation it's probably not realistic to link text to the
master worksheet bedcause it would take 7 more columns
and that would make it too large to show on a single
screen. Will have to figure out something else.

Wayne

.