Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Copying comments from one cell to another, in a different spreadsheet

Hello Friends,

I would like to be able to write a comment in a cell, then have that
comment appear in another cell on a different spreadsheet within the
same workbook, though. Or within the same spreadsheet.

Is there a formula or some sort of formatting to allow for the type of
function?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure if it can be done without code. Insert this in a new
module in "Personal.xls" in the VBA editor. Let me know if you need
further explanation or if you want to tie it directly to your workbook.

Function Comments(iRange As Range) As String
If iRange.Comment Is Nothing Then
Comments = "NA"
Else
Comments = iRange.Comment.Text
End If
End Function

then in your spreadsheet type
=Comments(A1)

HTH

Die_Another_Day
=!CmOrE!= wrote:
Hello Friends,

I would like to be able to write a comment in a cell, then have that
comment appear in another cell on a different spreadsheet within the
same workbook, though. Or within the same spreadsheet.

Is there a formula or some sort of formatting to allow for the type of
function?

Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To make the code stay with your workbook.
Open the workbook.
Press Alt+F11
Click the Insert menu
Click Module
Copy the following code into the page that opens

Function Comments(iRange As Range) As String
If iRange.Comment Is Nothing Then
Comments = "NA"
Else
Comments = iRange.Comment.Text