Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Create a log sheet

Hi,

I am looking to create a worksheet within my workbook to log open, save and
data entry events, with time and date and user and computer, is there a macro
that can do this?

Many thanks

Mark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are event type codes that can do all those.

Workbook_Open..........to stamp the date/time of opening.

Workbook_Open..........to stamp login name and computer name.

BeforeSave and BeforeClose to stamp date/time of saving and/or closing.

SheetChange.........to stamp date/time a particular cell or cells have been
changed.

How extensive do you want the stamping and where?

Do you want a running accumulation or just last user?

Some example code to be placed in Thisworkbook.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set rng1 = Worksheets("Login").Cells(Rows.Count, 1) _
.End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
With rng1
.Value = Environ("Username")
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd/mm/yyyy hh:mm:ss")
.Offset(0, 2).Value = NameOfComputer()
End With
End Sub

Code to be placed in a General module.

Needed to get computer name.

Private Declare Function GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" _
Alias "GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) _
As Long

Public Function NameOfComputer()
' Returns the name of the computer
Dim ComputerName As String
Dim ComputerNameLen As Long
Dim Result As Long
ComputerNameLen = 256
ComputerName = Space(ComputerNameLen)
Result = GetComputerName(ComputerName, ComputerNameLen)
If Result < 0 Then
NameOfComputer = Left(ComputerName, ComputerNameLen)
Else
NameOfComputer = "Unknown"
End If
End Function

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:35:01 -0700, terilad
wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to create a worksheet within my workbook to log open, save and
data entry events, with time and date and user and computer, is there a macro
that can do this?

Many thanks

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

would be good to have a running accumulation on sheet named log, with
sampling of data per sheet name with the number added or taken off and the
initials entered. These are all data that is entered onto these stock
sheets, also would be be good to record events such as macros that are run on
the workbook.

Many thanks

Mark

wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to create a worksheet within my workbook to log open, save and
data entry events, with time and date and user and computer, is there a macro
that can do this?

Many thanks

Mark

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't understand the part about sampling of data per sheet name with the
number added or taken off.

Please provide more details on what you visualize.

Gord

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 12:50:12 -0700, terilad
wrote:

would be good to have a running accumulation on sheet named log, with
sampling of data per sheet name with the number added or taken off and the
initials entered. These are all data that is entered onto these stock
sheets, also would be be good to record events such as macros that are run on
the workbook.

Many thanks

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB JB is offline

http://boisgontierjacques.free.fr/fi...eModifiees.xls

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As
Range)
If Sh.Name < "Espion" Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
temp = Application.CountA(Sheets("espion").Range("a:a")) + 1
Sheets("espion").Cells(temp, 1) = Sh.Name
Sheets("espion").Cells(temp, 2) = Target.Address
Sheets("espion").Cells(temp, 3) = Now
Sheets("espion").Cells(temp, 4) = [mémo]
Sheets("espion").Cells(temp, 5) = Target
Sheets("espion").Cells(temp, 6) = Environ("username")
Application.EnableEvents = True

Private Sub Workbook_SheetSelectionChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal
Target As Range)
If Target.Count = 1 Then
ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="mémo", RefersToR1C1:="=" & Chr(34)
& Target.Value & Chr(34)

JB

On 13 avr, 19:35, terilad wrote:
Hi,

I am looking to create a worksheet within my workbook to log open, save and
data entry events, with time and date and user and computer, is there a macro
that can do this?

Many thanks

Mark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gord,

I have 100 sheets all with names of stock items, syringes, needles etc, in
these sheets I have 4 columns Date, Amount of stock in or out, Balance of
stock and persons initials, what I am looking to is log the entries that
appear in these sheets on one log sheet with date and time, pc name and user
name.

The colums in the stock sheets are A, B, C, D

Regards

Mark

wrote:

would be good to have a running accumulation on sheet named log, with
sampling of data per sheet name with the number added or taken off and the
initials entered. These are all data that is entered onto these stock
sheets, also would be be good to record events such as macros that are run on
the workbook.

Many thanks

Mark

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It can be done using Workbook_SheetChange code but much more detail is
required.

How do these cells on your 100 sheets become populated/changed?

Manual entries one cell/sheet at a time?

You have 4 columns of data...............how many cells in each column?

Which column(s) or cell(s) change would you want to trigger the code?

Would you want the triggering cell's address also logged to logsheet?

If you want you can send me a workbook with a clearer explanation of your
wishes.

email to gorddibbATshawDOTca change the obvious.

Gord