Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unwanted formula being copied to cell

We have a Commissions spreadsheet that was created in Excel 97. We recently
upgraded to Excel 2003. There are a couple of rows in the worksheet that
when data is entered into a cell and enter or tab is keyed an unwanted
formula is copied to a different cell.

Specifically: data is entered into cell M1229 (there is no formula there
only a total for the colum in the cell underneath) in cell N1229 there is a
formula =SUM(M1229*0.1) and this is fine. But in cell O1229 where there
should be nothing, the formula from O1228 gets copied into that cell
=SUM(M1228*1).

Why is this happenening and is there anything I can do to not make this
happen? Thank you for any help.