Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting

Currently I have a worksheet that shows percentages in various cells. I would
like to use conditional formatting to show cell colors for certain percentage
ranges and still use the % sign. How can I do this? Currently, I am using

cell value is equal to or less than 94 = red cell
cell value is between 95 and 99 = yellow cell
cell value is equal to or greater than 100 = green cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What if in the box you have 101% it seems that if there is a percent sign in
the box it is not reading right. Is there a way for it to see and recognize
the % and still work the way I would like for it to work?

Each cell has a number and the % sign in the box. Once you take the % sign
out it shows the proper color for the proper conditional format.

"RJ Swain" wrote:

Currently I have a worksheet that shows percentages in various cells. I would
like to use conditional formatting to show cell colors for certain percentage
ranges and still use the % sign. How can I do this? Currently, I am using

cell value is equal to or less than 94 = red cell
cell value is between 95 and 99 = yellow cell
cell value is equal to or greater than 100 = green cell

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLM CLM is offline

Instead of looking for 94, look for .94, etc. The % sign is a format, not the
value. Cell value requires the value. As part of the formatting, as well as
the background color, choose percent from the number tab.