Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Line graph

Dear All

Heres hoping you can help.

I have a line graph which shows total days lost through abscence month by
month ( Simplified Example of data below)

Days lost

Section Apr May Jun
Accounts 23 20 22
Billing 45 43 47
Technical 11 12 10

This graph was easy to produce no probs there, however.......

I have the number of employees within each section also :-

No of Employess

Section Apr May Jun
Accounts 5 5 4
Billing 17 17 17
Technical 3 3 4

What I would like to be able to do is to show the number of employees as a
figure on the appropriate line and month within the graph.

Hope this makes sense ?

Cheers

Sectiom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's easy enough to add a set of lines to a column chart. Add the data, then
change the added series (which are added as more columns) to lines. But the
data points will be aligned in the center of the cluster, not over the
appropriate column.

I have posted an article with two techniques to center the markers over the
bars:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...olAndLine.html

The second technique is probably easier (Line-Column Combination Chart with
Sparse Data Range). If you want the months along the axis, you should
transpose the data so the months are in the first column and the department
names in the first row.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/
_______

"dazoloko via OfficeKB.com" <u43760@uwe wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Once the graph is done you can right click on the graphselect chart
optionsData labelsTick the values check box Ok.
By doing this you will find the number of employees would appear in the on
the appropriate line.

The months will be shown in an index. Or you can click on the chart then in
the menu bar where you find Data tab you'll find Chart Tabadd dataselect
the cells having month and OK.

By doing this the months would appear within the graph.

Do let me know if there is problem

--
_______________________
Click "Yes" if it helps

"dazoloko via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks to you both for the responses. I have tried your suggestions but it
dosent appear to be having the desired effect. Its probably the way in which
Ive explained what I need !!!

The line graph that I have shows simply the number of workdays lost through
abscence in a particular month. What Im after doing is showing next to the
marker for days lost on the graph the number of employees which that number
of days relates to. I have just been adding the number in as a label but was
hoping that I could automate it in some way.

Am I making sense ?

Cheers

Suleman Peerzade wrote:
Hi,

Once the graph is done you can right click on the graphselect chart
optionsData labelsTick the values check box Ok.
By doing this you will find the number of employees would appear in the on
the appropriate line.

The months will be shown in an index. Or you can click on the chart then in
the menu bar where you find Data tab you'll find Chart Tabadd dataselect
the cells having month and OK.

By doing this the months would appear within the graph.

Do let me know if there is problem

Dear All

[quoted text clipped - 31 lines]

Sectiom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add custom labels to data points. Put the labels into a range of
cells, then use one of these free utilities to apply the labels to the
points:

Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm
John Walkenbach's Chart Tools,
http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm