mrarcade

Default Is there an easy way to count when adjacent cells contain same data?

I am working on a file for setting up the work schedule for a small
three shift facility. I have it doing everything I want except one
thing. It copies the master schedule to each person's individual
schedule and highlights each worker's schedule. It tracks how many
days a person works each week and flags when overtime is created.

I would like to flag when a double shift is created. I am hoping there
is an easier way than nesting a bunch of IF's. Here is an html version
of the file so far so you can see how I have the sheets laid out:

http://www.bright.net/~mrarcade/temp...2005-08-07.htm

The start date is entered on the Master page...as well as any schedule
changes. All other sheets get their data from the Master sheet. What
I want to do is add a sheet that will flag anytime the same worker
number appears in back to back shifts. What seems like it will make it
hard is the fact it has to compare different numbers of cells (2 vs 6)
and also look from the bottom of a column (2nd shift) to the top of the
next column. If needed, I will make an array that would eliminate this
by stacking all days in one column with the date in an adjacent
column.

In the example, worker 23 (Ron) works 3 doubles...
Aug 19, 2nd shift + Aug 20, 3rd shift
Aug 27, 2nd shift + Aug 28, 3rd shift
Aug 28, 2nd shift + Aug 29, 3rd shift

I would like a sheet that would at least flag if at least one double
shift exist. Ideally I would like it to return either the date or the
worker number so it can easily be found.

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

MrArcade

--
mrarcade
mrarcade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25849

Bob Phillips

Why isn't Ron working a double on 7th/8th Aug?

Can you give some cell info? Looking at it I think the layout may suit your
aesthetic needs, but it might make a solution difficult. It looks like
merged cells, variable numbers etc.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips