Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Subtotal To Include Item Description On Subtotal Line

I am using the subtotal feature on data listed below. I have requested a
subtotal of item qty at every change in the item number. The subtotal line
will return the item number and the subtotaled qty. This is good. However,
I wold also like the item description to be included on the subtotal line.
How do I accomplish this?

Item Number Item Description Item Qty
RM Red Mug 100
RM Red Mug 25
RM-2 Red Dot Mug 49
RM-2 Red Dot Mug 2

--
Tickfarmer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Data|Subtotal won't do this on its own.

I'd insert a helper column in column A and add a formula:

=left(b2&rept(" ",30),30)&"-"&c2
and drag down

Then use that as the control field in the subtotals.

Tickfarmer wrote:

I am using the subtotal feature on data listed below. I have requested a
subtotal of item qty at every change in the item number. The subtotal line
will return the item number and the subtotaled qty. This is good. However,
I wold also like the item description to be included on the subtotal line.
How do I accomplish this?

Item Number Item Description Item Qty
RM Red Mug 100
RM Red Mug 25