Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ed

Default Data Validation (2 lists)

Hello, I have 2 different "Lists" with a "Name" defined to each, and I would
like to use them both on a Data Validation but it seems it is not as simple
as =AND(NAME1,NAME2). It gives me a error in that way, any ideas to be able
to use both?

,thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Toppers

I don't believe you can do what you require so you will need to combine into
one list. And I'm not sure why you would want to use two lists.

"Ed" wrote:

Hello, I have 2 different "Lists" with a "Name" defined to each, and I would
like to use them both on a Data Validation but it seems it is not as simple
as =AND(NAME1,NAME2). It gives me a error in that way, any ideas to be able
to use both?

,thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Assuming there is some other cell whose value decides which List you wish to
use, then you could do a Change-event macro on that cell to set up the
DataValidation on the other cell to use the appropriate list.

hth
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Ed" wrote:

Hello, I have 2 different "Lists" with a "Name" defined to each, and I would
like to use them both on a Data Validation but it seems it is not as simple
as =AND(NAME1,NAME2). It gives me a error in that way, any ideas to be able
to use both?

,thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips

I don't think you can do that, but would need to create a third list with
the matched items.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Ed" wrote in message
Hello, I have 2 different "Lists" with a "Name" defined to each, and I

would
like to use them both on a Data Validation but it seems it is not as

simple
as =AND(NAME1,NAME2). It gives me a error in that way, any ideas to be

able
to use both?

,thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JB

http://cjoint.com/?gDvlrMsErZ

=IF(Row()<=CountA(champ1),INDEX(champ1,LIGNE()),IN DEX(champ2;Row()-Counta(champ1)))

Cordialy JB

Ed a écrit :

Hello, I have 2 different "Lists" with a "Name" defined to each, and I would
like to use them both on a Data Validation but it seems it is not as simple
as =AND(NAME1,NAME2). It gives me a error in that way, any ideas to be able
to use both?

,thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

You could use a custom formula, but you won't see a dropdown.

=OR(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1,list1,0)),ISNUMBER(MATCH(A1, list2,0)))

Ed wrote:

Hello, I have 2 different "Lists" with a "Name" defined to each, and I would
like to use them both on a Data Validation but it seems it is not as simple
as =AND(NAME1,NAME2). It gives me a error in that way, any ideas to be able
to use both?

,thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish

Another option is to use formulas to create a single list from multiple
lists, as shown in the sample file he

http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html#DV0014

Under Data Validation, look for 'Combine Multiple Lists into One'

Ed wrote:
Hello, I have 2 different "Lists" with a "Name" defined to each, and I would
like to use them both on a Data Validation but it seems it is not as simple
as =AND(NAME1,NAME2). It gives me a error in that way, any ideas to be able
to use both?

,thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish