Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Help

I have created a spreadsheet that allows users to enter their sales and the
date of their sales. I want to create a summary sheet that will calculate
total sales by month (date). How do I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Say the sales are in column A starting at A2
and the date is in column B strating at B2
then in C2 enter:
=MONTH(B2)
and copy down
Column C will be the month of the sale.

Then create a Pivot Table of the sum of sales by month. If you are not
familiar with pivot tables, see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200718

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Should not matter as long as the dates in column B are "real" dates. Try to
enter a date in column B manually and see what happens
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200718