PacRat2001

Default How do I search for specific text and sum the cell to the right?

How can I set up 1 cell to search for a specific text, then sum the cell next
to it for as many instances of the text? Thanks for any help !
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

Column A contains the text, column B contains the values to sum:

=SUMIF(A1:A50,"text",B1:B50)

OR:

C1 = text

=SUMIF(A1:A50,C1,B1:B50)

Biff

"PacRat2001" wrote in message
How can I set up 1 cell to search for a specific text, then sum the cell
next
to it for as many instances of the text? Thanks for any help !

PacRat2001

Thanks Biff,

Your first suggestion has done the trick for me.

Much Appreciated ..... PacRat2001