Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do you do payroll on excel 2007

When I did spreadsheets in class they never tought us how to do payroll. Well
now I have an assignment doing payroll and I am needing help with it. I am
needing to know how to do an excel 2007 payroll on one employee. Can anyone
show me an example of how to do one?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi
Look into the Microsoft templates

http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/te...roll&av=TPL000

if you want information on Timesheet look into CPearson web
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm

If this helps please click yes, thanks

"Geneo" wrote:

When I did spreadsheets in class they never tought us how to do payroll. Well
now I have an assignment doing payroll and I am needing help with it. I am
needing to know how to do an excel 2007 payroll on one employee. Can anyone
show me an example of how to do one?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

"Geneo" wrote in message
When I did spreadsheets in class they never tought us how to do payroll.
Well
now I have an assignment doing payroll and I am needing help with it. I am
needing to know how to do an excel 2007 payroll on one employee. Can
anyone
show me an example of how to do one?

Because there are state and/or country taxes involved in Payroll this is not
really the place to get help. A template may not be of much assistance
either as has been suggested - it all depends on where you reside, which you
didn't tell us.
Payroll is NOT a simple thing. I suggest you go to see a commercial
accountant who will be able to help you far more than any newsgroup.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

I suspect the solution may not be quite so complex (I had the same thoughs
about taxes, withholding, and other deductions) but then I realize the OP is
talking about a classwork assignment, which presumably is not in an
accounting class. Probably needs basic hours worked x pay rate type setup.
Which the templates and site that Eduardo pointed to should help him with
quite well.

Geneo: typically we don't actually do homework for folks in these forums; it
defeats the purpose of the class. As Eduardo has done, and also Gordon,
we're happy to point you to potential solutions and occassionally give a
little help in getting over some rough spots.

For some help with the 'rough spot' he the templates should give you the
example of how to set things up to record/calculate time worked and then
compute wages earned from that.