Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim 007

Default rows top-justified & bottom-justified in same sheet looks bad

I am preparing a financial "spreadsheet." I have used underlining in some
cells. (I think that is part of my problem) The spreadsheet is very
unappealing to the eye because for some reason, some rows of text appear to
be "top-justified" and some rows of text appear to be "bottom justified." I
would much prefer to show all rows consistantly as "bottom justified"

Also, what font and "point" size of text looks best in financial
spreadsheets, I know it is a matter of taste but, what looks most "rich &
professional" ???

Thank you very much!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David McRitchie

Hi Jim,
To format all cells as bottom justified,
select all cells (Ctrl+A, or Ctrl+Shift+SpaceBar)
Format, Cells, Alignment (tab), Vertical Alignment: Bottom

I prefer bottom alignment for the top row of column headers, and
top alignment for the all of the rest.
Bottom alignment is the default.

10 point Arial is the default font
seems to work well.
---
HTH,

"Jim 007" wrote in message ...
I am preparing a financial "spreadsheet." I have used underlining in some
cells. (I think that is part of my problem) The spreadsheet is very
unappealing to the eye because for some reason, some rows of text appear to
be "top-justified" and some rows of text appear to be "bottom justified." I
would much prefer to show all rows consistantly as "bottom justified"

Also, what font and "point" size of text looks best in financial
spreadsheets, I know it is a matter of taste but, what looks most "rich &
professional" ???

Thank you very much!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jim 007

Hi David,

Your advice worked perfectly !!! Thank you!!!

--- Jim