Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Compare Datda

I have a file in Excel that one of the fields is the Store Number. I am
generating another report in a different software and exporting this data to
Excel. How can I compare the data in the different columns with the same
Store Number.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi; Well I think comparing two sets of data one another has several options
to do it, and depending on what do you want to achieve, the formula to use
change. I am asuming that you know what cell is going to be compare agaist
it; in other words, you know what is the origen cell to compare and which is
the final cell. If is just comparing, just copy this formula in the sheet.

=if(A3=B3,"Data is the same","Data is different")
This formula shuld be copy in a third column so you can copy it down to
compare all the cells you have. Goood luck.

Argy!

"Beep Beep" wrote:

I have a file in Excel that one of the fields is the Store Number. I am
generating another report in a different software and exporting this data to
Excel. How can I compare the data in the different columns with the same
Store Number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And I forgot to ask - if this is a text comparison is case important?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Beep Beep" wrote:

I have a file in Excel that one of the fields is the Store Number. I am
generating another report in a different software and exporting this data to
Excel. How can I compare the data in the different columns with the same
Store Number.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You are going to need to give us more information:
1. Are the two sets of data in the same workbook, the same sheet?
2. What is the data layout of both sets of data?
3. Which cells in one data set do you want to compare with which cells in
the other data set?
4. What do you want Excel to do when it compares the two sets of data?
Change the formatting color, or...?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire