Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline

Default Formatting Numbers to 3 digit,

In a column i have numbers 1 to 999
but I would like to have as 001 to 999, I cannot format as text, becouse
another equation finds the higest number (=max(D:D)) from this column.
Is there any way, to have the 3 digit format keeping them as numbers?

i.e.
Col D
001
002
003
004
999

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
RAZ RAZ is offline

thanks, simple but couldnt find it when needed

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Format Cells

Custom

000

"Raz" wrote:

In a column i have numbers 1 to 999
but I would like to have as 001 to 999, I cannot format as text, becouse
another equation finds the higest number (=max(D:D)) from this column.
Is there any way, to have the 3 digit format keeping them as numbers?

i.e.
Col D
001
002
003
004
999

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That's how it always works. Always happy we have this site!

"Raz" wrote:

thanks, simple but couldnt find it when needed

"Sean Timmons" wrote:

Format Cells

Custom

000