rjay

Default Stop scientific format

I'm trying to type "7E3" into a cell and the fomat keeps changing to
"scientific". If I then go into that cell and try to change the format
to "general" then I get the number "7000". I know there is probably a
simple answer but it's got me? Appreciate any help

--
rjay
rjay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24856

Dave Peterson

Either pre-format the cell as Text
or
prefix your typing with an apostrophe: '7E3

rjay wrote:

I'm trying to type "7E3" into a cell and the fomat keeps changing to
"scientific". If I then go into that cell and try to change the format
to "general" then I get the number "7000". I know there is probably a
simple answer but it's got me? Appreciate any help

--
rjay
rjay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24856
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=384012