Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why does it ask me to specify a table when creating a mail merge?

I'm trying to create lables in word from an excel document but when I specify
the document and sheet, it prompts me to select a table and there is no table
to choose from! I'm so confused. This has never happened before.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This might help.

Make sure the sheet with the data is first sheet in workbook.......that's where
Word looks for source data.

Or Word will take a range name as the source if sheet is not first sheet.

In Excel, select the range to use for labels.

InsertNameDefine.........give the range a name like MyLabels

Save the workbook.

Try the mailmerge again.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP