rtjeter

Default Using a Vlookup to return values in a data list?

I have a data list. In column A it gives account number, in Column B is
gives account name, in column c it gives amount. The Account number is
Column A can be given several times. For example:
A B C
7 shoes $700
8 dresses $100
7 shoes $500
9 shirts $300

I want to be able to go to another tab and look in Column A. I see 7 return
the account number 7. Then go to the next value in Column A, which is 8.
And return account number 8. Then go to the next value in Column A, which is
7. I already have 7 so I don't want to return 7 again (don't want to
duplicate values).
Then go to the next value in column A, which is 9 and return the value 9.
The data set is huge with over 800 lines. Many account numbers are repeated
3 or 4 times. But I only want a listing of account numbers with the account
number listed only once. I only need the account number listed once from a
data set where they are listed in Column A numerous times.

Is this possible??
Rowan

Select Column A. Use DataFilterAdvanced Filter to select Unique records
only. Copy column A and paste onto new worksheet. This should give you the
list of unique account numbers.

Hope this helps
Rowan

"rtjeter" wrote:

[...]

Biff

Hi!

Try this using a filter:

Goto the other sheet tab and select the cell where you want the account
numbers.

Goto DataFilterAdvanced Filter
Click: Copy to another location
Click inside the List Range box
Navigate to the sheet where your current list is and select the range of
accounts numbers including the header
Click in the Copy To box
Select the cell where you want the new list to start.
Click: Unique records only
OK out

Biff