MeatLightning

Default SumIF w/ two conditions (not the same as other posts!... I think)

Ok, I'm trying to find the value of items within a column that meet two
criteria.

For example:

Col A contains type (either "beef" or "cheese" or "Lemons")
Col B contains cost (number)
Col C contains grade (0,1,2)

I want to add up the total cost of all the grade 0 beef.

I tried the sumproduct thing and I couldn't get it to work.

any help would be much appreciated!
Jason Morin

There could be several reasons why the formula is not
returning the correct value. Post your SUMPRODUCT formula
and the value it is returning along with the value it
*should* return.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Ok, I'm trying to find the value of items within a

column that meet two
criteria.

For example:

Col A contains type (either "beef" or "cheese"

or "Lemons")
Col B contains cost (number)
Col C contains grade (0,1,2)

I want to add up the total cost of all the grade 0 beef.

I tried the sumproduct thing and I couldn't get it to

work.

any help would be much appreciated!
.

Roger Govier

Hi

Try SUMPRODUCT(--(A4:A13="beef")*(C4:C13="0")*B4:B13)

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Jason Morin" wrote:

There could be several reasons why the formula is not
returning the correct value. Post your SUMPRODUCT formula
and the value it is returning along with the value it
*should* return.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Ok, I'm trying to find the value of items within a

column that meet two
criteria.

For example:

Col A contains type (either "beef" or "cheese"

or "Lemons")
Col B contains cost (number)
Col C contains grade (0,1,2)

I want to add up the total cost of all the grade 0 beef.

I tried the sumproduct thing and I couldn't get it to

work.

any help would be much appreciated!
.

Roger Govier

Paul is quite right, the quotes around the 0 are not necessary if the values
in column C are numeric.
SUMPRODUCT(--(A4:A13="beef")*(C4:C13=0)*B4:B13) should give the answer you
are looking for.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Jason Morin" wrote:

There could be several reasons why the formula is not
returning the correct value. Post your SUMPRODUCT formula
and the value it is returning along with the value it
*should* return.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Ok, I'm trying to find the value of items within a
column that meet two
criteria.

For example:

Col A contains type (either "beef" or "cheese"
or "Lemons")
Col B contains cost (number)
Col C contains grade (0,1,2)

I want to add up the total cost of all the grade 0 beef.

I tried the sumproduct thing and I couldn't get it to
work.

any help would be much appreciated!
.

MeatLightning

Thanks all!

Here's the one that did the trick:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A4:A13="beef"),--(C4:C13=0),B4:B13)

I just had to get rid of the quotes... DUH!

thanks again!