Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Showing Pivot Table total on Associated Pivot Chart

Hi

I have a pivot chart created from a pivot table, showing individual values
for each of the items. The pivot table also shows a 'total' for the items.
I would like to display the 'total' on the pivot chart as a line running
across the chart (ie plot it as a point associated with each of the items).
Is there a way to do this? I have tried creating a new column on the
worksheet and trying a copy/paste onto the chart area, but this does not work.

Appreciate any help available on this one

Thanks
--
KenY
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The Grand Total doesn't appear in a pivot chart. You could create a
normal chart, based on the pivot table, and include the totals in that.

On Jon Peltier's site, there are instructions for creating a normal
chart from pivot data:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotcharts.htm

KenY wrote:
I have a pivot chart created from a pivot table, showing individual values
for each of the items. The pivot table also shows a 'total' for the items.
I would like to display the 'total' on the pivot chart as a line running
across the chart (ie plot it as a point associated with each of the items).
Is there a way to do this? I have tried creating a new column on the
worksheet and trying a copy/paste onto the chart area, but this does not work.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the suggestion. I had hoped there was an easier way using regular
Excel functions as I am using a macro to generate a series of graphs from the
same pivot table. The technique I use (found on the Microsoft site) is to
create a copy of the main pivot table, create the view required, create
PivotChart, deleted the tab containing the copy of the main pivot table.
This works well as the resultant chart can still be interogated or
reformatted to find/show the actual values. It does not contain enough
information to return a 'total'
--
KenY