Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using cell referencces as values in MDX formulas - cubemember

I am trying to use a cell reference to return the answer to a formula that
is the form:

=CUBEMEMBER("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",{"[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx].&[200901]","[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx].&[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]"})

So instead of using the 200901 I want to use a value that references a cell
so that I can have the year and week populate automatically. However, when
I enter the formula:

=CUBEMEMBER("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",{"[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx].&["&2009&B1&"]","[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx].&[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]"})

I get a message saying that there is an error in the formula.

However, in a similar formula thiis works:
=CUBEMEMBER("xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx].[xxxxxxxxxxxxx].&["&2009&A10&"]")

Is this because the former formula uses an array? Is there a solution to
this.

Thanks for taking the time.