Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Turn on "View Side by Side" option

I'm using Excel 2007. Want to see two sheets in same workbook. Help tells
me how to do it with the "View Side by Side" option, but that option is
grayed out for me. Help nicely notes that this function works only when the
"View Side by Side" option is turned on, but doesn't tell me how to turn it
on!

Anyone know how?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Turn on "View Side by Side" option

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can turn on the View Side by Side option in Excel 2007:
  1. Open the Excel workbook that contains the two sheets you want to view side by side.
  2. Click on the View tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Look for the Window section in the ribbon and click on the View Side by Side button.

If the View Side by Side button is grayed out, it means that Excel is unable to display the two sheets side by side. This could be because the workbook is maximized or minimized, or because the two sheets are not adjacent to each other.

To fix this, try one of the following:
  1. Click on the Arrange All button in the Window section of the ribbon, and select Vertical or Horizontal to arrange the windows side by side.
  2. Resize the Excel window so that it is not maximized or minimized.
  3. Move the two sheets so that they are adjacent to each other within the workbook.

Once you have the two sheets displayed side by side, you can use the Synchronous Scrolling button in the Window section of the ribbon to scroll both sheets at the same time.
__________________
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open two workbooks (will enable the 'View Side by side' option). Now click
on the option. (If this do not work click on the 'Restore down' button once
and try again)

If you want to compare the sheets of same workbook (right click the sheet
tab create a copy)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Jaime" wrote:

I'm using Excel 2007. Want to see two sheets in same workbook. Help tells
me how to do it with the "View Side by Side" option, but that option is
grayed out for me. Help nicely notes that this function works only when the
"View Side by Side" option is turned on, but doesn't tell me how to turn it
on!

Anyone know how?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the info.

I re-read Help and realized I had skipped a step - opening the new window.
Now everything works as expected!

Jaime