Rao Ratan Singh

Default What is the Keyboard Shortcut of Merge and Centre Tool Command

Pls tell me shortcut key of Merge and Centre Tool Command.

Rao Ratan Singh, India
nbrcrunch

To my knowledge, they do not exist, however, you can record two separate
macros, assign to keystroke for each feature and then you have your own
hot-keys.

--
nbrcrunch
R.VENKATARAMAN

in a tortuous way one can think of series of keyboard actions

alt+o
alt+m
enter

not a single short cut.
mine excel 2000
==================
nbrcrunch wrote in message
.. .

To my knowledge, they do not exist, however, you can record two separate
macros, assign to keystroke for each feature and then you have your own
hot-keys.

--
nbrcrunch

nbrcrunch

True, but as you note, it is laborious. The user may as well just click
the icon on the format bar-that would be quicker.

Before posting the message, I tried to the following:
1. Set the macro to record and assigned Ctrl-Shift-A
2. Selected two cells
3. Clicked the merge icon
4. Stopped the recorder
5. Edited the code to remove the 1st line (the reference to he
selection)
6. Saved the macro

After testing it worked fine on ANY selected group of cells.

In retrospect, I could have started the recorder AFTER the cell
selection so that steps 5 & 6 would have been eliminated.

R.VENKATARAMAN Wrote:
in a tortuous way one can think of series of keyboard actions

alt+o
alt+m
enter

not a single short cut.