Tabulatin Survey results

Default Tabulating Survey Results

I have just completed a survey in which the recepients answered a question
with a 1-5 response. 1 being Not satisfied 5 being very satisfied - I have
the totals for each response but want to be able to take the total responses
in each category and create a average result of the question.
Column one has the 1-5 in it - Column 2 has the number of reponses for each.
I want the answer to be a 1-5 number off all the respondents.
Thanks
rickvin

Dave - That gave me a answer of zero
one - here is how the data looks
column A Column B
1 not satisfied 4
2 10
3 19
4 16
5 very satisfied 17

I want a weighted average of all the respondents -what is the average
satisfaction out of these 66 respondents -?? a number needs to be between 1-5
Thanks

"Dave R." wrote:

Something like this would work;

=SUMPRODUCT(A1:A5,B1:B5)/SUM(B1:B5)

"Tabulatin Survey results" <Tabulatin Survey
wrote in message
I have just completed a survey in which the recepients answered a question
with a 1-5 response. 1 being Not satisfied 5 being very satisfied - I have
the totals for each response but want to be able to take the total

in each category and create a average result of the question.
Column one has the 1-5 in it - Column 2 has the number of reponses for

each.
I want the answer to be a 1-5 number off all the respondents.
Thanks

Dave R.

Column A contains text which cannot be added. Usually you would try not to
mix text and numbers if you want to do any math, but you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--LEFT(A1:A5,1),B1:B5)/SUM(B1:B5)