Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Aladin...HELP!!! Running Averages of last 10 data entries, excluding blank cells

I have a worksheet that I am trying to calculate the a rolling average
of the last 10 days of activity for manhours/tons of steel.
Each worksheet is 1 month of data
Row 1: I have days of the week
Row 2: I have the dates of the month
Row 3: Manhours for the day
Row 4: Tons of Steel
Row 5: Pieces of steel

column 1: Job numbers
column 2: Descripition of rows (manhours, Tons, pieces)
rest of columns are days/dates

again, I want to calculate the average of the last 10 dates of activity
on that job with comparision between manhours per ton, manhours per
piece, sum of total manhours, and to date manhours per ton.

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully

Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you need to see a 10 day rolling average for each of your measures
for each day, or just a single 10 day ra, for each measure which just
looks at the latest 10 days.

It's also a little difficult to visualise your data. You say you need
rolling averages for each of your jobs, and it appears that you have
more than 1 job on each sheet listed in column 1. To see 5 rolling
averages for each job would imply a set of 5 rows for each of the
jobs.

If the data is not confidential and you want to send me the workbook
it would make it easier to understand the data.

Regards

On 25 Aug 2006 09:34:11 -0700, wrote:

I have a worksheet that I am trying to calculate the a rolling average
of the last 10 days of activity for manhours/tons of steel.
Each worksheet is 1 month of data
Row 1: I have days of the week
Row 2: I have the dates of the month
Row 3: Manhours for the day
Row 4: Tons of Steel
Row 5: Pieces of steel

column 1: Job numbers
column 2: Descripition of rows (manhours, Tons, pieces)
rest of columns are days/dates

again, I want to calculate the average of the last 10 dates of activity
on that job with comparision between manhours per ton, manhours per
piece, sum of total manhours, and to date manhours per ton.

If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

Respectfully

Ryan

__
Richard Buttrey

[...]