Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do you remove read only from excel file?

I am trying to save excel file to a portable flash drive, and every time I
try to save it a message tells me that the file cannot be saved because it is
read only.
I am using office 2000
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A general rule is to not open from or save to any portable media.

Save to your HDD then copy to the flash drive.

Same when opening.

Some people have no problems but..............your choice.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP